May 17, 2008

Post One Hundred Thirty Four: Too much shit to do

So the wife is in New York. Left this morning. leaving me with the kids once again. At least this is a short trip: she'll be back on Tuesday.

Between now and then, I have too much shit to do. [For purposes of this post, I'm backing up to the beginning of the weekend.] My oldest daughter had two soccer games today, and one tomorrow. I have to go and exchange a Dallas Stars jersey I bought for my youngest daughter for a larger size. I really should get the kids to church in the morning. I have laundry that needs to be done. I should probably fix the mower and then mow the lawn, but that's probably not going to happen. Most pressingly, I have to coordinate four rooms in the house, picking up all of the knick-knack shit and disconnecting the electronics so that the painters we have hired can get their job done on Monday a.m. when they come in. I also have to pull together my outline for an expert witness deposition on Monday afternoon. (This will probably actually wait until Monday when I get into the office.)

Augh.

But there is a bright side. The kids are asleep and I'm watching Firefly on the Universal HD station in my Sanctum Santorum. I'm also drinking beers. I started working out at LA Fitness two days ago and I've got a good soreness going, having had two of my better workouts in a long time. In a week and a half, i go to Chicago for the first concert with Anthrax's new lead singer, Dan Nelson.

Overall, life is good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home