April 12, 2008

Post One Hundred Twenty Eight: MY Room

I am sitting in my new Sanctum Sanctorum. My wife suggested getting rid of the weight bench downstairs, getting a new TV, and turning the exercise room into a media room.

Needless to say, this didn't take too much convincing.

I now relax in a Pier 1 leather chair and ottoman, and there is a new sleeper sofa next to me if I want to lay down. The 47" Vizio (1080p) is sitting on the new Pier 1 stand across the room showing the Stars beating the Ducks in Game 2 of their Stanley Cup playoff series. The TV plays in stereo, as it is hooked up to my Sony amp piping through two Bose tower speakers.

My XBox 360 is hooked up, networked in so I have access to all the movies and music I have on my "home server" upstairs, and I have a Gold membership to XBox Live now. The kids are sleeping (as far as I know), the wife is in Asia, my yellow lab is sleeping peacefully in the middle of the room, and I currently browse the internet. All I need to do is figure out what color to paint the walls, since the wife has pretty much given me carte blanche on decorating the room.

I think I'm going to put a lock on the door and allow people in by invite only.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home