April 25, 2008

Post One Hundred Thirty: Here I Sit

I am wrapping up my trip to glorious Monroe, Louisiana, where I defended two of my clients' depositions in Katrina-related litigation. It has been a long two days.

I flew in yesterday morning only to have American Eagle lose my fucking bag. I was one of five people on the plane (and it was a prop-plane, not even a jet!), and I arrived at DFW airport at least an hour before my flight. Jesus, the flight was actually late leaving DFW and they still failed to get my bag on the G.D. plane.

Unbelievable.

Anyway, I have now completed the defense of two of my clients' depositions. At one point I was actually concerned that I would not make my 4:40 flight out of Monroe, Louisiana, particularly when the deposing attorney told me that she normally took the full seven hours allotted on these depositions (and she was kind of cute, by the way). But my clients were well-prepared and avoided the creation of rabbit-trails, so the depos moved right along. I made it to the airport in plenty of time, over an hour before the scheduled take-off.

Well, as I should have expected my flight has been delayed. Twice. It is now scheduled to ARRIVE in Monroe at 7:00 p.m. This means I won't be taking off out of here until at least 7:30, giving me a home-time of about 9:00.

I should mention that my house is almost as big as this airport.

Regardless, I now sit in the Monroe airport bar (and to its credit, it is a great bar with a great bartenderess (in the making you feel at home, talky, pouring cheap beer, and being overall very cool way)). I am drinking beer and I plan to submit my bill to the office. I have a free internet connection. While I might normally be kind of pissed about the whole situation at this point I just don't give a fuck. Flight delays, like lost luggage, are totally out of your hands. There isn't any point in getting too pissed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home