April 18, 2008

Post One Hundred Twenty Nine: Yeah, I'm Going

So Anthrax is having a warm-up gig in Chicago featuring Dan Nelson, the band's new lead singer. His first show with Anthrax ever.

I'm going.

The wife is currently in Asia: has been for 10 days, and will be there for another five. This has left me in charge of the house and kids for the last 10 days, and for another five. All by myself. Getting them up, dressing them, feeding them, getting them to school, picking them up, feeding them, getting them ready for bed, getting them to sleep, then starting the whole thing all over the next day. Not to mention doing all of the laundry, dishes, picking up, and other household tasks (including all of the tasks I normally do, such as mowing).

It's a fucking beating.

So I'm going to Chicago on May 28th for a little reward to me. I've bought my ticket and cashed in a Southwest Frequent Flyer Rapid Reward certificate for my flight.

Some might call me "insane." But fuck it. How often do you get to go see your favorite band begin a new era?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home