September 05, 2008

Post One Hundred Forty Six: Surviving

Tomorrow my wife returns from China/London/Paris. I have survived another one of her two-week plus work excursions. I am currently sitting in my room, drinking a couple of beers, and getting set to watch this week's episode of Hard Knocks on HBO. Time to veg and reflect.

Today we had an insurance company settle a case out from under us. Paid over $300K on a case that was inherently winnable, and didn't even tell us they were doing it. The truly unfortunate thing is that if there were any locks in law, this would be one of them. Due to a chicken-shit insurance agent, however, the firm (including me) is deprived of another case in the "win" column.

Jesus.

Well, at least it alleviates my work burden to an extent. My late-September was absolutely booked with depositions in this case, all of which have gone away. Now I'm probably going to have to be a little bit creative with my billing. Dammit. I do have a couple of trips to Mississippi lined up, so there is that.

Oh, well. Trials in October, November and January to look forward to. More later. I've got beer to drink and Cowboys-related TV to watch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home