May 08, 2006

Post Forty-Five: Associates Meeting

Well, here it comes. The partner from out-of-state is in town and wants to have a meeting with all of us associates.

[insert ominous theme music here]

Don't know quite what to expect, although two possibilities are being thrown about. First, and more likely, it could be a lecture on our hours. I've heard that associates' hours haven't been quite up to snuff the last couple of months, so his coming here to basically tell us to bill more, or else, is almost certain.

Well, this should be fun. [sarcasm mode off] My hours haven't been what I usually expect of myself (but not as bad as others' apparently), but in my defense, I had one trial "stolen" from me by a partner in March, and another trial scheduled for the last two weeks of April that was bumped back to August. Plus, if you look at a calender, April was a "short" month, in that fewer days fell on weekdays (more weekend time). Of course, this only flies if you accept the notion that weekends are not generally "workdays."

I don't think I'll be raising this point at the meeting.

The second possibility, and one that would be much more pleasant, would be the official announcement that we're going to be moving offices next month. The out-of-state partner likes making such "feel-good" announcements in person, but I don't know if he'd bother since he doesn't office here full-time. Seems another of the partners could take care of this him/herself.

The out-of-state partner did "mind-fuck" with one of the baby-associates, telling him that he was the specific reason he was here. We'll see how this whole thing plays out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home