March 14, 2006

Post Thirty-seven: Unholy Alliance Tour

I have recently been made aware of the Unholy Alliance Tour, headlined by Slayer. Other bands on the bill include Lamb of God, Mastodon, and Children of Bodom. This is going to be a great, great show.

\m/

As always, there's a catch: no Dallas show is currently scheduled.

Dammit.

I've checked out the tour schedule, and the tour makes a swing through San Antonio and Houston in June, but is not coming to north Texas. Looks like I'm going to be making a roadtrip. What would make sense would be to plan on the Houston show. I would fly or drive down with my buddy Mike, pick up my brother, and we'd all go to the show.

I'm willing to bet Mike bails, though. He has some silly objection to going to see the "satanic" Slayer. Please. First off, they haven't had "satanic" lyrics since Reign in Blood. Anti-religion lyrics, yes. But name a metal band out there that doesn't?

[My brother is undoubtedly chiming in with Demon Hunter here. Shut up. I'm trying to make a point.]

And who actually pays attention to those lyrics, anyway, except to just chant them along at the show or in your car? Anyone who gets sucked into that type of bullshit has serious issues to begin with.

Regardless, I haven't been to a show in probably over a year. I need this.

UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE

I have apparently been misinformed. The tour is coming to the Dallas area, June 24th at Nokia Live. No stop in Houston, apparently.

Swee-eeeet. My brother and I should be going to this. Now, we'll see if Mike's going to be a wuss.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home