March 31, 2006

Post Forty: Miscellaneous Debris

Finally! Some album release dates that I can actually look forward to. First up is Buckcherry's new one on April 11 (looks like Josh Todd (whose solo album wasn't too bad) has wised up and gone back to his band). Still need to find Buckcherry's second album. Anyone happen to know if their cover of "Anything" is on there?

May 2nd is a HUGE day: Tool, Ministry AND Pearl Jam all have new releases. Anyone else notice that Ministry has a habit of sneaking albums out on you? I swear, I just happen to come across them. Houses of the Mole was great, a throwback to Psalm 69 days. Hope they keep it up.

I just realized that Rebel Meets Rebel is also releasing their album on May 2nd. This is David Allan Coe w/ Pantera's band (Vinnie, Dimebag, and Rex). Sirius has been playing the hell out of "Nothing to Lose," and it's great. Looks like I'll have to make a trip to Best Buy on the 2nd.

Finally, the Red Hot Chili Peppers release a double album on May 9th. Ugh. If anything like their last two or three albums, with all that ballad bad-singing shit polluting the airwaves, I am going to be staying away (again). But I've heard rumors that it's going to be a throwback to their old funk days. If they can recapture the glory days of Mother's Milk and, to a lesser extent, Blood Sugar Sex Magik, I would just be thrilled. I'm not putting much faith in it though.

Hope you caught the nod to Primus.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home