July 30, 2007

Post One Hundred Two: Ratatouille

Saw this over the weekend with the wife and kids, and wanted to post a quick review. I'm going to have to give this a thumbs down. You know what killed it for me? The whole rat-controlling-the-person-by-pulling-the-hair aspect. To call it "strained" is an understatement.

Yes, it was a cute movie, and how critical of this type of thing can you be when you're dealing with a movie about a master-chef rat? But really, it doesn't make any kind of sense. Being able to control a person's fine-motor systems by pulling hair? It's just stupid (for lack of a better word).

Then there's the whole vision of a swarm of rats running amok in the kitchen. That was just gross. Couldn't quite get that image out of my head.

However, I will say that the scene where the food critic is thrust back to his childhood after tasting the rat's ratatouille was inspired. I was touched. But not enough to save the movie for me.

1 Comments:

Blogger Magnus said...

How heartless of you. I bet your kids loved it :)

11:04:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home