July 19, 2007

Post One Hundred: Juggernaut vs. the Hulk

In WWH X-Men #2, Juggernaut is informed that the Hulk is probably going to kill his brother, Professor X. Upon hearing this, he runs upstairs to retrieve the Crystal of Cytorrak, promising the god that he will go on a destructive rampage if the crystal can get him to New York from London in time to save his brother.*

When I read the page, I actually called my brother in my excitement: Juggernaut's coming back, fully restored, and we're going to see a big brawl between Juggernaut and the Hulk. It seemed to be a good couple of weeks for me: first, the return of Thor, and now the real Juggernaut.

Eh. Not so much.

During the all-too-brief battle, Hulk comments on the fact that Juggernaut is smaller and weaker, and crushes him easily.

Now, I'm not one to bitch unnecessarily, but it seems to me that in Excalibur it was said that if Juggernaut touched the crystal, he'd be returned to his 1-of-3-0r-4-in-the-Marvel-Universe-who-could-possibly-stop-the-Hulk-single-handedly status. So I'm calling foul. Realistically, I know that the X-Men portion of WWH is not going to be responsible for putting an end to the Hulk's rampage, but still, is a little consistency out of the question?

*I'm not going to bother with an explanation. I know what happened to him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home