July 03, 2007

Post Ninety-Seven: A tip for you

To all of you parents: Do NOT forget to ensure visits from the Tooth Fairy when your child loses a tooth. Bad, bad things. Inevitably, the child comes into the room in tears. You are then forced to make up a story about how the Tooth Fairy was probably delayed by the weather, and will no doubt be there the following night to make up for it. In fact, you tell her that you will e-mail the Tooth Fairy to remind her.

Of course, the Tooth Fairy responded (and this will be shown to the aforementioned child):

I apologize profusely for my oversight. As you guessed, the weather North Texas has been experiencing has played havok with my travel schedule. These wings I have are purely decorative, so I am forced to rely on Southwest and American to cover the brunt of my territory. In my rush, I simply failed to make a record of [your child's] second lost tooth.

Please extend my most sincere apologies to [your child], and rest assured a shiny coin will be placed in her coin box tonight while she dozes.

Sincerely,

The Tooth Fairy
Southwest Region
North Texas Territory

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home