August 02, 2006

Post Sixty-Three: Burnout

Okay, maybe "burnout" is too strong of word. But I am tired, unmotivated, and end up procrastinating pretty much everything that can be procrastinated. Not the best course of action for an attorney, since fires seem to pop up every day that demand immediate attention. Therefore, I'd obviously be better served by making better use of the my "down-time."

But I'm just tired. I think I need a vacation. I haven't had a real vacation in the three-plus years I've worked at the firm (holidays to family gatherings don't friggin' count). My wife and I have talked about taking a long weekend somewhere, but I'm swamped for the month of August, which again, does not really lend itself to my procrastinating ways lately.

What I'd really like is a guys' weekend away. Me and a few buddies out some place with no thoughts for the wives and kids (boy, that sounds cold-blooded, but sometimes it just happens that way). But that's not looking likely, at least not until my engaged friend decides to actually set a date for his wedding, which will provoke the bachelor party.

Vegas, baby. Vegas.

Well, at least that was the plan last I heard.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home