February 13, 2006

Post Thirty-two: My office

I have a confession to make. I am something of a geek. I am over the age of 30, husband, father, attorney, and I read comic books. (Yeah, yeah: the name of this blog might have given that away. Shut up.)

I'm a big fan of Thor, but since Marvel has let him "die" (at least until the inevitable (any day now, guys) rebirth), my "living" favorites are Colossus and (duh) Juggernaut. I only relatively recently learned that Juggernaut is a "hero," having joined the X-Men for a while and now part of the New Excalibur team. Mixed feelings about that one: one of my favorite issues of the Uncanny X-Men was the one involving the bar-fight between Colossus and Juggernaut. Guess I won't be seeing any rematches for a while. (Still need to update my Fark.com profile, dang it).

But I digress (from the topic at hand). For quite some time, I have had a few Marvel action figures on my bookshelves, still in their packaging (along with the Reservoir Dogs figures). Well, today I went ahead and broke them open (after discussing the subject with my brother, whose geekdom dwarfs my own as far as these figures go), and they are now displayed. Juggernaut's on one stereo speaker, while Thor stands on the other. Colossus and two other Thor figures occupy various shelves. I have to say, those Marvel Legends figures are really well-crafted.

Of course, all my toys are probably going to prevent my ever making partner. Sigh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home