December 02, 2005

Post Twenty-two: First comments

This is probably a pretty cliched blog entry, but I just noticed my first "real" comments from a real outside reader(s?) (courtesy of Fark.com, if I had to guess).

Jeez. My first comments. I should probably just go ahead and shut this thing down. I mean, how long is it going to be before the judges I have anonymously criticized make their way here, and realize who this is? That would be an interesting realization. Of course, the judges would just keep it to themselves, savoring the fact that I wouldn't know why I was being bent over every time I appeared before them. This would only serve to provoke additional postings from me, providing more fuel for the judge's wrath.

And I'd be in the dark until the judge let something slip, perhaps dropping a clever comment or turn of phrase I previously posted into a casual conversation or during the course of an argument (well, I can hope that I eventually write something clever, can't I?). Then, my face ashen, I'd be forced to confess to my bosses that I took the occasional respite from my billing to post some rambling bitchy post about a judge, and that the post got back to the judge, and that our client was suffering for my chip on my shoulder. As a result, I'd be ostracized, buried in some sort of document review room until my eyes bled, anxiously awaiting the inevitable day the supervising partner knocks on my office door and says, "Things just aren't working out."

Paranoid much, you think?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home