May 30, 2005

Post Eight: Memorial Day Resolutions

Well, sitting around recuperating from a chest/back workout, currently enjoying the day off. I have decided to make a more committed commitment to working out. I used to be pretty big back in my undergrad days, and I would like to have that back. Of course, I was also taking a long-distance running course, so I was in pretty damn good shape all the way around. I should also alternate days with a cardio workout. I've got the X-Box "game" that works out as an aerobics instructor, so I just need to make myself do it.

My goal: breaking 300 lb. on bench press by October 2005. Actually, this shouldn't be all that hard. I've been working out at least sporadically for the past year, and I figure I was benching at least 285 a few months ago (during one of my "earnest" periods) (it's actually kind of hard to max-out at home with no one to make sure I don't crush my chest). Now I just have to find out where my desire goes during these down periods.

Yeah, it's all in a vain attempt to impress the ladies. Still waiting on that . . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home