December 19, 2011

Post One Hundred Eighty One: My Youngest

Sometimes I wonder about my youngest daughter. Take this evening for instance: I put the girls to bed and am sitting down to catch up on American Horror Story and the season finale of Dexter. All of a sudden I hear her whimpering a bit and saying something about "swallowing." I ask her what's wrong, and ask her to repeat it, and she tells me she swallowed something.

Hmm.

I go into her room and inquire as to just what my precious daughter had swallowed. She doesn't really know.

This frustrates me.

Eventually I get it out of her that she swallowed some kind of "shiny bead" that she found on the floor of her room.

My six year old. Picks up something off the floor of her room. Puts it in her mouth.

And swallows it.

Sometimes I feel like there is something not quite right about her. Sigh.

She is of course scared, and is saying she doesn't want to go to the hospital. Given the description (as vague as it is), I tell her it will be okay, that she will likely just poop it out. Obviously, we'll have to watch out for a stomach ache or anything like that, but it doesn't sound like she swallowed any kind of magnet or battery or the like.

Kids.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home